British Association for Cognitive Neuroscience
BACN Conference and Annual Meeting 2016 booking information
Information about Budapest, the Conference site, Travel and Accomodation
The 2016 Conference Banquet
The BACN conference dinner will be held at the A38 restaurant, 10 minutes from the conference venue.
The A38 features in many guides as one of the coolest places in Budapest.
It is even listed in the ‘World’s best bar’ guides.
See their website for more details: https://www.a38.hu/en/restaurant
We have reserved places for 80 persons, at a cost of £35 each. This includes the buffet menu provided below, and entry to the traditional (with Hungarian “Csángó” twist) BACN dance. You need to reserve your place as soon as possible, as tickets will sell fast. The dinner will start at 6pm.
Appetizers & Soups
• Pork knuckle slices with horseradish mousse
• Chicken breast with “Pálinka” (strong liqueur) and pepper salad
• Tomatoes stuffed with fresh home-made ”Liptauer” spread (V)
• Meat soup with dumplings (goulash)
• Cream of wild mushroom soup with croutons (V)
• Duck leg confit with potato-and-cabbage doughnuts
• Fried catfish filled coated with “lecsó” (Hungarian stew of peppers, onions and tomatoes) with fried onion and spinach rice
• Braised beef ribs “vadas” style (with vegetables-and-sour-cream sauce) with bread dumpling cakes
• Gnocchi with goat cheese, arugula and pomegranate (V)
• Chocolate-filled cottage cheese dumplings with strawberry purée
• “Somlói-style” trifle (sponge cake with raisins, nuts, vanilla and chocolate cream)
• soft drinks and fruit juices, mineral water • coffee, tea, cappuccino, • draught beer (Staropramen)
• “Vylyan” Villányi Riesling, Villányi Rosé, Portugieser (red)
Click here to download a PDF of conference banquet details.